Winner of last year's Professional category:
The Gum Collectors by Susannah Law
The Gum Collectors by Susannah Law
Saturday 29th December 2018
Tuesday 1st January 2019
Now in its 25th consecutive year, we are pleased to once again be hosting the popular Great Summer Art Exhibition.
Artists are invited to participate by entering artwork which will be for sale at the exhibition in a great community atmosphere.
WHEN: The preview evening will be held on Saturday 29th December 2018 at 7pm. Refreshments will be served. Entry is $10 per person with sales available at the door. Exhibitors will receive two complimentary entries at the door on the preview evening..
Prizes for the three categories listed below will be awarded at the preview evening. The Judge's Encouragement award will also be presented at this time.
The exhibition will then continue through from Sunday 30st December 2018 to Tuesday 1st January 2019, 10am to 4pm daily.
The People's Choice Award will be announced on the afternoon of Tuesday 1st January 2019.
WHERE: Mahurangi East Community Hall, Hamatana Road, Snells Beach.
Notes to Artists:
- Entry conditions are $10, including GST, per piece hanging fee and a 20% commission on any sales. No refunds on hanging fees.
- Written registration with fees must be received no later than 4th December 2018. Please fill out the registration form clearly. See downloads. It is the responsibility of the artist to notify the organisers to any changes from the original entry form.
- All pieces of art must be the artist's own work. A maximum of four paintings per artist. Not all paintings will necessarily be accepted for display.
- Paintings restricted in size to an area of 1m2. This includes triptych pictures. Two pieces of art in the Professional section may be larger than the 1m2 restriction. Please discuss size with the convenor.
- All paintings displayed will be subject to judging and must be for sale. Price guidelines are Novice up to $400 and Intermediate up to $1,200.
- All paintings should be framed, titled and priced and must have D strings and cords attached.
- The organisers do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered to art through handling or exhibiting. Insurance during the exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
Cash prizes will be offered in each category.
- No prints will be accepted.
- Small cash and carry items such as cards and miniature paintings will be accepted with 20% commission on sales charged. There will be a charge of $10 per table (see registration form).
- Registered paintings must be delivered to the Mahurangi East Community Centre , Hamatana Road, Snells Beach between 8:30am and 10:00am on Saturday 29th December 2018. See below for further instructions regarding registration day.
- Unsold paintings must be reclaimed between 4:30pm and 6:00pm on Tuesday 1st January 2019. No pickups outside these times.
- Payment for paintings sold will be made by 20th January 2019.
- The organisers reserve the right to make any decisions they consider necessary for the good of the Exhibition and the achievement of its objectives.
If you require further information please contact:
|Glenys Olesen||phone 09 425 5166|
|Jan Hooton||phone 09 425 4406|
|Susan Fulton||phone 09 4255855|
Instructions to Artists for Registration Day
- Follow the signs to the three different category tables.
- Register your name at the appropriate table and you will be given your painting tags.
- Attach the appropriate tag to the corresponding painting to which you will already have attached a piece of string which is long enough to allow the tag to be displayed alongside your painting.
- When your work is ready to be hung, inform a helper who will take your art into the exhibition hall. No artists to enter the exhibition hall.
- Have a great day and hope to see you at the preview evening Saturday 29th December 2018 at 7pm when the prizes will be presented for all categories.
Mahurangi East Tennis Club - Web page www.mahutennis.co.nz